2 distincts stations in one adjustement

by Antoine Chabert @, Monday, November 23, 2020, 02:18 (1221 days ago) @ Micha

Hi,

"Okay, I modified your project. Please take a look at antoine.zip --> https://dev.applied-geodesy.org/tmp/antoine.zip."
Thanks, we analyse that you differentiate "stations" and "new points" in 2 distincts groups in "new points" ?
Is it a good practice ? does it change something in the adjustment ? Should we insert it in our project ?

"I believe, the directions between the CD points cannot be used together with a "true" set of directions because the orientations differ. I was not sure, how you ensure, that the directions between the CD points are similar orientated. For that reason, I disabled these observations."
All the direction are calculated between the CD, with always the same formula. We oriented it from the north. An excel file is attached where the calculation is available.
But I am not sure to understand why you disabled these observations. Why did you do this ? Indeed, the project had a particular geometry; with strains between the CD points : in directions sets ; zenith angles & slope distance.
Theorically, we can not disactivate once parameters : directions sets and you can not always adjust the network.
But in practice, we can adjust the network... How does it work ? Where the strains in directions sets are usefull ? They seems to be useless...

"I would also suggest to use some kind of trimmed coordinates to avoid numerical instabilities, i.e., reducing all X/Y/Z coordinates to their average values. "
You mean that we should do a preprocessing : approximation values (CTRL+M) ? before do the command "adjust network" ?

"In present configuration, your networks is not controlled. Since no true redundant observations are available, thus, you have no chance to remove possible outliers."
Yes we know this low quality of our networks but in case of AMTS monitoring, we did not find a solution to make redundancy.

Thanks,

Regards,
Antoine

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread