JAG3D - problem with starting application

by Alija, Tuesday, June 19, 2018, 09:33 (2109 days ago)

Hello Micha, JAG3D wont start. I used the older version of the JAG3D program more than a year ago. Now I tried again to use your latest version from github, but the program wont start. I installed Java 10.0.1 version. When I click on the jag3d program icon, only splash appears and then it disappears. The program never starts:
Screenshot

Can you help me with this problem?
Best regards,
Alija

by Micha ⌂, Bad Vilbel, Tuesday, June 19, 2018, 09:59 (2109 days ago) @ Alija

Hello Alija,

JAG3D wont start. I used the older version of the JAG3D program more than a year ago. Now I tried again to use your latest version from github, but the program wont start. I installed Java 10.0.1 version. When I click on the jag3d program icon, only splash appears and then it disappears. The program never starts

Can you provide some further information? Please open a windows shell (CMD) and check the installed java version, i.e.

java -version

on my operating system, the output is

[image]

Do you receive your installed java version, i.e. version 10.0.1?

If yes, please try to start the application via command line, i.e.

java -jar jag3d.jar

Please note, you have to switch the path to the executable jar file, see Screenshot

[image]

Does the application start? If no, do you get some error or exceptions on the cmd?

regards
Micha

--
applied-geodesy.org - OpenSource Least-Squares Adjustment Software for Geodetic Sciences

Tags:
JAG3D, jre, java

JAG3D - problem with starting application - amendment

by Micha ⌂, Bad Vilbel, Tuesday, June 19, 2018, 11:22 (2109 days ago) @ Alija

Hi,

for your information: I've installed the last java version 10.0.1 to test JAG3D. The applications starts without any problems.

/Micha

--
applied-geodesy.org - OpenSource Least-Squares Adjustment Software for Geodetic Sciences

Tags:
JAG3D, jre, java, 10.0.1

by Alija, Wednesday, June 20, 2018, 07:04 (2108 days ago) @ Micha
edited by Alija, Wednesday, June 20, 2018, 07:11

Hello Micha,

after your instruction, I'm getting this message from cmd.

[image]

Thank you!

by Micha ⌂, Bad Vilbel, Wednesday, June 20, 2018, 07:56 (2108 days ago) @ Alija

Hi Alija,

after your instruction, I'm getting this message from cmd.

Fine. I was able to reproduce your error and I will release a robuster version during the next days. The problem is the so-called history file (which stores the last opened projects). Your history file is corrupt because the entries contain invalid path characters. The error message is:

java.nio.file.InvalidPathException: Illegal char <?> at index 41: C:\Users\alija\Desktop\...

Currently, the InvalidPathException is not catched by JAG3D but I will fix the problem.

To start your current version of JAG3D, please delete the history file (or correct the content in your history file). The history file is located at:

C:\Users\alija\.jag3d_history

It is a simple ASCII file that contains the file path of the last opened projects (one project per line). I believe, at least one project contains the problematic ?-character which causes the InvalidPathException.

regards
Micha

--

Tags:
JAG3D, history file

by Alija, Wednesday, June 20, 2018, 08:19 (2108 days ago) @ Micha

Thank you Micha,

program now works!

Best regards,
Žutić Alija

RSS Feed of thread