angle units

by Dean, Thursday, March 14, 2019, 09:10 (1841 days ago)

Mr. Micha,

In the next version, can you please add an option for selecting the unit of angle degrees, arc minute and arc seconds (1 ° 60 '60 ").

Thank you for you excellent program!

angle units

by Micha ⌂, Bad Vilbel, Thursday, March 14, 2019, 08:10 (1841 days ago) @ Dean

Hello Dean,

can you please add an option for selecting the unit of angle degrees, arc minute and arc seconds (1 ° 60 '60 ").

Well, this is not an unit - the unit is still degree - it is a view and that is the problem. The text field parses the user input as double but an input like 1 ° 60 '60 " is not a valid double number. Does it really make sense when you cannot insert a value in DMS?

regards
Micha

--
applied-geodesy.org - OpenSource Least-Squares Adjustment Software for Geodetic Sciences

angle units

by Dean, Thursday, March 14, 2019, 11:24 (1841 days ago) @ Micha

Okay.View or format angle.
Many countries use the angle format(° ' ").
Convert the angle every time, it's a problem, it takes a lot of time.

Thank Мicha

angle units

by Micha ⌂, Bad Vilbel, Friday, March 15, 2019, 10:39 (1840 days ago) @ Dean

Hello Dean,

Many countries use the angle format(° ' ").

I know, that this format is used outside Europe - that's not the point. ;-)

Convert the angle every time, it's a problem, it takes a lot of time.

Yes, but if I change the view, you cannot input the angles in DMS-format. To insert the value, you habe to use still decimal degree. Thus, the view will not solve the conversion task.

What kind of instrument you are using? Is it not possible, to export the values in decimal degree?

regards
Micha

--
applied-geodesy.org - OpenSource Least-Squares Adjustment Software for Geodetic Sciences

angle units

by Dean, Saturday, March 16, 2019, 07:53 (1839 days ago) @ Micha

Hello Miha.

In Europe this format is used in the Balkans. That's not the point I agree :)
I understand...
TS 11. It's possible, of course.
I'm just saying it would be faster if there was an option / view / format.
If that's a lot of work and complications, it's okay, forget it.
In any case, thanks for the excellent program.

Best regards

angle units

by Micha ⌂, Bad Vilbel, Saturday, March 16, 2019, 08:15 (1839 days ago) @ Dean

Hej,

I will take a look to the sources. To add the formating to the view may possible. However, it will not possible to insert values in DMS format. I will leave a comment in this forum thread, if an implementation is added.

Kind regards
Micha

--

angle units - sexagesimal degree added

by Micha ⌂, Bad Vilbel, Saturday, April 06, 2019, 10:28 (1818 days ago) @ Dean

Hi Dean,

I create a version that allows to select sexagesimal degree for angles. Please note: on edit, the angles are formatted in decimal degree.

The version is available via github.

regards
Micha

--

Tags:
JAG3D, sexagesimal, degree, angle

by Dejan @, Thursday, April 11, 2019, 09:42 (1813 days ago) @ Micha

Thanks Micha :)

by Eddi, Friday, May 31, 2019, 09:19 (1763 days ago) @ Micha

Hallo,

da mein Englisch grauenhaft ist nur zur Sicherheit:

Wenn ich ° ' '' als Einheit wähle, muss ich also sexagesimale Richtungen für die Eingabe in Altgraddezimale umwandeln, sie werden aber für die Anzeige in ° ' '' umgewandelt und auch alle Ergebnisse werden so angezeigt?

Eddi

by Micha ⌂, Bad Vilbel, Friday, May 31, 2019, 09:59 (1763 days ago) @ Eddi

Hallo Eddi,

Wenn ich ° ' '' als Einheit wähle, muss ich also sexagesimale Richtungen für die Eingabe in Altgraddezimale umwandeln, sie werden aber für die Anzeige in ° ' '' umgewandelt und auch alle Ergebnisse werden so angezeigt?

Ja. Die Winkel werden ausschließlich in Radiant gespeichert (SI-Einheit für Winkel). Die Ausgabe wird dann entsprechend Deiner Einstellungen konvertiert. Bei direkt umrechenbaren Einheiten wie Neugrad oder Altgrad muss auch die Eingabe in dieser Einheit erfolgen. Sie wird jedoch direkt in Radiant intern umgewandelt. Bei sexagesimale Grad ist das etwas anders, da dies ja keine reine Einheit ist, aus diesem Grund kann die Eingabe hier nicht in diesem Format erfolgen.

Viele Grüße
Micha

--

RSS Feed of thread