Calculation of levelling data

by Matija, Thursday, January 28, 2021, 12:04 (1155 days ago)

Hello,

is it possible to calculate in JAG3D closed levelling network and side points?

Also with levelling information is it possible to make visualisation of data?

Kr,

Matija

by Micha ⌂, Bad Vilbel, Thursday, January 28, 2021, 12:06 (1155 days ago) @ Matija

Hello Matija,

is it possible to calculate in JAG3D closed levelling network and side points?

JAG3D adjusts levelling networks, yes.

Also with levelling information is it possible to make visualisation of data?

Yes, it is possible, if x/y coordinates of the levelling points are provided, the levelling network can be plotted.

/Micha

--
applied-geodesy.org - OpenSource Least-Squares Adjustment Software for Geodetic Sciences

by Matija, Thursday, January 28, 2021, 12:34 (1155 days ago) @ Micha

Hello Micha,

many thanks for the fast answer.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong, I inserted levelling data to the program, and when i click adjust network - I am not getting any results (e.g. error closure, real height of the points...)

Please look at the data table: https://ibb.co/gJYzgVx

I uploaded height of ST3 in the reference points, and beside one reference point I have few side points: ST5 and RS2-RS7.

Kr,

Matija

by Micha ⌂, Bad Vilbel, Thursday, January 28, 2021, 12:38 (1155 days ago) @ Matija

Hello Matija,

is it possible to provide the data via Dropbox or any other service? I don't like to transcribe your excel sheet.

regards
Micha

--
applied-geodesy.org - OpenSource Least-Squares Adjustment Software for Geodetic Sciences

by Matija, Thursday, January 28, 2021, 12:55 (1155 days ago) @ Micha

Please find link to the original data in gsi format:

https://we.tl/t-reAqBoSmxC

Please note that value from 1004 to ST1 with -1.6580 height difference should be excluded from calculation.

by Micha ⌂, Bad Vilbel, Thursday, January 28, 2021, 01:20 (1155 days ago) @ Matija

Hello Matija,

okay, I import your GSI file to JAG3D and enabled the erroneous observation. The adjustment works fine. The loop error is about 4 mm. The results are presented in the "result table" of the points and the observation group, respectively.

[image]

I'm not sure about your problem. Can you provide further information?

regards
Micha

--

by Matija, Thursday, January 28, 2021, 02:17 (1155 days ago) @ Micha
edited by Matija, Thursday, January 28, 2021, 02:23

Hello Micha,

I got same results - 3.8 mm closure of the loop which is ok.

https://ibb.co/0QDxZnB

My problem is that on the field we used some custom height for the reference point e.g. 0.00 while actual height differs.

When I insert reference points with actual height I am getting message "Error, the project contains uncombinable point typs, i.e. datum points as well as reference or stohastic points"

https://ibb.co/yWmMqhC

What is best practice of calculation actaul heights of the points?

Matija

by Micha ⌂, Bad Vilbel, Thursday, January 28, 2021, 03:31 (1155 days ago) @ Matija

Hello,

When I insert reference points with actual height I am getting message "Error, the project contains uncombinable point typs, i.e. datum points as well as reference or stohastic points"

Yes, that is right. JAG3D supports four point types, i.e. reference points (variance-free points), stochastic points (point having some known uncertainties), new points (points to be estimated), and datum points (like new points but this points are used to solve the rank deficiency). A network can contain reference points, stochastic points, and new points (together); or datum points and new points (together).
So, you can not combine datum points and reference points; but new points and datum points, or even new points and reference/stochastic points.

What is best practice of calculation actaul heights of the points?

The point group type is interchangeable: right click at the tree item, and select the desired point type. To move points of a group, select the points in the point table, right click at the selected items in the table, and separate the points.

To move points from group to group, drag and drop is the best practice.

regards
Micha

--

by Matija, Friday, January 29, 2021, 12:02 (1154 days ago) @ Micha

I understand the concept, but I am still not sure how/or if I can calculate actual heights of the points (e.g. side points).

When we go to the field, more often than not - we dont have heights of the benchmarks so we use custom height of 100,00 meters to check loop closure, and in the office we calculate data with actual heights.

I tried transferring points between different groups but what ever I did, I coudnt get actual heights.

Matija

by Micha ⌂, Bad Vilbel, Friday, January 29, 2021, 04:28 (1154 days ago) @ Matija

Hello,

I tried transferring points between different groups but what ever I did, I coudnt get actual heights.

I'm still not sure, what you are trying. Maybe, the following screenshot illustrates results that you are looking for. Here, point ST3 is treated as a reference point, having a known height of H = 500 m. The remaining points are points to be estimated, i.e., new points.

/Micha

[image]

--

Tags:
JAG3D, adjustment, leveling, reference point, new points

RSS Feed of thread