3D adjustment

by Micaga, Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 06:20 (1102 days ago)

Hello,
Where can I find a template or instructions on how to organize and arrange data for 3D least square adjustment?

3D adjustment

by Micha ⌂, Bad Vilbel, Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 09:19 (1101 days ago) @ Micaga

Hello Micaga,

Where can I find a template or instructions on how to organize and arrange data for 3D least square adjustment?

There is no template. Usually, the total station provides the observed measurements, e.g. a GSI file from Leica. In any case, the steps in JAG3D are:

1. create a project
2. import your data
3. define the adjustment type
4. specify the stochastic model
5. adjust the network
6. analysis the results

At sf.net, some sample data are provided taken from geodetic literature. Here, flat ASCII files are used for points and observations. The data of a very small 3D network can be found, for instance, in Baumann p. 230. A further (larger) network is given by Müller.

However, it is more easier to help you, if you specify your data.

regards
Micha

--
applied-geodesy.org - OpenSource Least-Squares Adjustment Software for Geodetic Sciences

Video tutorial: Getting started

by Micaga, Thursday, April 01, 2021, 03:22 (1092 days ago) @ Micha

Thank you for your time and effort, it's very helpful!

Video tutorial: Getting started

by Micha ⌂, Bad Vilbel, Monday, April 05, 2021, 08:03 (1088 days ago) @ Micaga

Hello,

Thank you for your time and effort, it's very helpful!

Thank you for your feedback. I've created two more videos concerning the stochastic model and the free network adjustment. I will create more videos from time to time, and I will add theses videos to the JAG3D play list.

Kind regards
Micha

--
applied-geodesy.org - OpenSource Least-Squares Adjustment Software for Geodetic Sciences

Tags:
JAG3D, Video, tutorial, play list

RSS Feed of thread