Graphic of 1D displacements in leveling network

by Krzysztof, Friday, May 07, 2021, 06:37 (1056 days ago)
edited by Krzysztof, Friday, May 07, 2021, 06:57

Hi Micha,

Could you tell me if JAG3D can plot the leveling network with 1D displacements?

PS. My input data are horizontal coordinates (X, Y) of the network points and, of course, the height differences from two epochs.
The project is on: http://pracownicy.uwm.edu.pl/krzysztof.nowel/Delft_1D.rar

Best regards,
Krzysztof

by Micha ⌂, Bad Vilbel, Friday, May 07, 2021, 07:05 (1056 days ago) @ Krzysztof

Hello Krzysztof,

Could you tell me if JAG3D can plot the leveling network with 1D displacements?

Yes, it is possible. The following screenshot depicts the deformation vectors (yellow/orange) of the deformed points. I add some x/y coordinate components to the 1D-points, using the sketch from the tutorial. (Thus, the network extent is not correct.)

[image]

PS. My input data are horizontal coordinates (X, Y) of the network points and, of course, the height differences from two epochs.

If your network is a true leveling network, you have to import 1D points but you can specify the horizontal components, e.g.,

#<ID> <East> <North> <Height>
Point_A 150 125 25
Point_B 100   0 75

Please note, you have to enable the plot function for 1D-points. This option is disabled by default because usually x/y components are not known (and all points would be located at the origin).

Kind regards
Micha

P.S. I upload a further video tutorial concerning the deformation analysis in JAG3D.

--
applied-geodesy.org - OpenSource Least-Squares Adjustment Software for Geodetic Sciences

by Micha ⌂, Bad Vilbel, Friday, May 07, 2021, 07:12 (1056 days ago) @ Krzysztof

Hi,

The project is on: http://pracownicy.uwm.edu.pl/krzysztof.nowel/Delft_1D.rar

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't see the link to the project. Your network looks like:

[image]

I upload your project Delft 1. The plot function is enabled.

Reagards
Micha

--
applied-geodesy.org - OpenSource Least-Squares Adjustment Software for Geodetic Sciences

by Krzysztof, Friday, May 07, 2021, 07:37 (1056 days ago) @ Micha

Yes, your plot is what I have wanted to get. Many thanks.

Could you please tell me yet how one can enable the plot function for 1D-points?

Best regards,
Krzysztof

by Micha ⌂, Bad Vilbel, Friday, May 07, 2021, 07:47 (1056 days ago) @ Krzysztof

Hello Krzysztof,

Could you please tell me yet how one can enable the plot function for 1D-points?

I've attached a screenshot that shows the option. First, you have to open the layer manager in the plot. In the new dialog, select the point type you like to plot (e.g. datum-point). Scroll down to the Visibility properties and enable the 1D-points.

[image]

Kind regards
Micha

--

by Krzysztof, Friday, May 07, 2021, 08:24 (1056 days ago) @ Micha
edited by Krzysztof, Friday, May 07, 2021, 08:39

Hmmm, a very strange case. I was doing this previously and the plot was not appearing. But now is ok. I hope that it will be ok also tomorrow :-).

I have corrected the point numbers and the graphic of the Delft network is presented below:
graphic
and the project is on: http://pracownicy.uwm.edu.pl/krzysztof.nowel/new_Delft_1D.rar
and the final (after congruence analysis) project is on: http://pracownicy.uwm.edu.pl/krzysztof.nowel/Delft_1D_final.rar
Maybe it will be somehow helpful for the JAG3D community.

Many thanks, Micha, on behalf of Polish students of geodesy :-). JAG3D is very friendly and helpful for them.

Best regards,
Krzysztof Nowel

by Micha ⌂, Bad Vilbel, Friday, May 07, 2021, 08:54 (1056 days ago) @ Krzysztof

Hello Krzysztof,

Hmmm, a very strange case. I was doing this previously and the plot was not appearing. But now is ok. I hope that it will be ok also tomorrow :-).

Do you enable the right point type(s) - not only one type? Please note, all point types are twice (a-priori and a-posteriori). Moreover, sometimes you have to refresh the plot. In this case, please click to the icon with the four arrows (diagonal order; not the move function). In this case, JAG3D determines all plotable objects and plot the graphic to the window centre. Use this function, if you change the datum or something like that - or if the plot is not generated to the current view port.

Thank you for providing both networks. I'll take a look to the data tomorrow. Is it an "official net" or do you use the "design" of the horizontal Delft network and add some heights?

Kind regards
Micha

Btw.: I found an error in the congruence table (view). The column order and size is stored in the database, but two columns have identical names. On re-open the project, the column order is somewhat random... I'll fix it tomorrow.

--

by Krzysztof, Friday, May 07, 2021, 09:07 (1056 days ago) @ Micha

Thanks, Micha, for the explanations.

Yes, I have used the "design" of the horizontal Delft network (from literature) and added simulated 1D displacements and height differences.

Best regards,
Krzysztof

by Krzysztof, Friday, May 07, 2021, 09:47 (1056 days ago) @ Micha

Yes, you are right. My mistake. Indeed, I enabled visibility of 1D points but only for the first layer concerning points, i.e., the layer: 'New points (a-posteriori)'.

Thanks again and sorry for the confusion.

Best regards,
Krzysztof

by Micha ⌂, Bad Vilbel, Saturday, May 08, 2021, 09:31 (1055 days ago) @ Krzysztof

Hello,

I hope that it will be ok also tomorrow :-).

I keep my fingers crossed for you. :cool:

I compile a new version that solves the name conflicts of the columns in congruence analysis tables. The column order and the column size are reset on re-open an existing project. The new version is JAG3Dv20210508 and available at github.

I have corrected the point numbers and the graphic of the Delft network [...]
Maybe it will be somehow helpful for the JAG3D community.

Today, I re-adjust your network. It looks very fine, and I will use it for our students and for training, too. Thank you for sharing the data!

[image]

In this plot, I've changed the colour to green and the line size to the maximum of the relative confidences, which are related to the shift vectors. Both, the shift vectors (arrows) and the confidences use the same scale; and all shifts exceed the related confidence.

Stay healthy and have a nice weekend
Micha

--

RSS Feed of thread